I never thought when moving to New York that I was moving close to the beach. There are beaches in New Jersey, beaches on Long Island, even a man mad beach right across from Manhattan called Water Taxi Beach. One day Jeremy and I decided to go out to Long Island to the beach. We headed by subway to Penn Station. Inside Penn Station is a Kmart. We stopped at Kmart to get a few 'beach supplies'....beach chairs, sun screen, beach towels and treats. After purchasing our necessities, we headed for the train. There were tons of people in the station with their beach essentials too....I guess there are alot of people who head out to the beach on the weekends...duh! We purchased our special 'beach tickets' and headed for the train. We loaded the Long Island Railroad and were off to the Babylon station. NOTE: Jeremy and I have noticed a large number of people in New York either talking on their wireless device or talking to themselves...usually it is the latter....we encountered a few 'self-talkers' this day. I guess they are not only in Manhattan, but all over the state of New York? Once we arrived at the Babylon station, we waited for the bus to Robert Moses Beach. We boarded the bus with a few other beach goers and were off through the town and across a causeway to the beach. The beach was beautiful. I walked down a bit and collected some sea glass and shells. When it was time to leave we boarded the bus back to the train and back to Manhattan. We encountered a drunk guy on the train who decided to speak obscenities to me...when Jeremy asked, "excuse me?" the guy got agitated and gave us the stare of death until the next stop. When the drunk got off the train he 'called out' Jeremy to fight on the platform. By that time the doors shut and the train was on its way....Jeremy gave the guy the thumbs up as we departed...again...weird people everywhere. By the time we got back to the city it was 7:00 PM. I think we will take another trip to the beach.
A Random Picture Review....in no specific order!
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment