Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Leavin' on a Jet Plane...Getting There...and something to think about

I went to Salt Lake City last weekend for a couple of things, 1. I wanted to go skiing at least once this year, 2. I had a friend get married, 3. It was Easter....at least we thought it was Easter when we booked the trip. Even thought it wasn't Easter, the trip home was worth it. Have you ever thought how easy it is to get to the airport? Well, I love how convenient the Salt Lake International Airport is to get to. There are three airports you can fly out of in the New York area: JFK, Newark and LaGuardia. To get to one of these airports can be a challenge when you don't have a car, traffic is crazy and it is a Friday at rush hour. I have taken cars and cabs many times, but there is always that thought..."will I make the plane?" The thought comes after sitting in traffic for over an hour and wondering...how much longer until I get there...I should have left earlier. An alternative way to get to the airport is to take the subway and the train. This route involves two subway rides to the train station, on trip to Jamaica (New York, not the island) and then a short trip to the AirTrain. This route takes about an hour and you can be pretty sure you will make the plane. The only downfall is dragging your suitcase on and off those FOUR trains. This is where you learn to pack light really wonder..."Do I need everything I packed??"....You know you don't!

1 comment:

bonnied said...

You make a good point about not needing everything you take on a trip. I'm looking forward to coming to visit you to see if I can pack efficiently for the "interesting" trip to the airport.