When I used to work in New York last year, I stayed downtown. After 8:00 PM there were really no restaurants open. Downtown becomes deserted...the only restaurant close to the AMEX tower was Chevy's. One night after returning from work with Paula, I said Hey, let's go get a margarita...and that is when it all started. We began to go to Chevy's after work almost every night after work...they stayed open until 10 or 11 PM. When I moved here, I knew that I could continue the margarita tradition because there was a Chevy's in midtown...a few blocks away. A colleague of mine mentioned that there was this little place called Tequilaville just around the block from my apartment...on the way home no less. So, when Paula came to town we all went to try out Tequilaville. Jeremy and I liked the place and have made it our regular place to go after work....we even have a 'regular' order and the waiters know us. Each night there is a different type of crowd. Thursday's seem to be the loudest.
Peter and Debbie were leaving the city last Friday and decided to stay for dinner. They gave Jeremy and me a call and we met at Tequilaville. We had a great time! After dinner we walked around Grand Central Terminal. Peter and Debbie had parked in a garage close by, so we walked there to pick up their car. Peter pulled out of the garage and around the corner to drop me and Jeremy off. I got out of the car on the passenger and sidewalk side of the street. Just as Jeremy opened the rear passenger door. BAM! A taxi sped by. The taxi's passenger side mirror was laying on the road. Jeremy was lucky he did not get hurt not to mention Peter and Debbie's vehicle. Peter settled with the taxi driver for $50. One more thing to think about......don't exit the car on the street side.
A Random Picture Review....in no specific order!
14 years ago

1 comment:
It sounds like Jeremy had a close call. Glad he wasn't hurt. Sounds like you've found a fun place. Tequilaville sounds like my kind of place!! We'll have to go there when I visit. Stay safe. Watch out for bicyclists and rollerbladers too.
Post a Comment