Sunday, March 15, 2009

The City is Getting Ready for St. Patty's Day



I took a walk yesterday to run a few errands and get a manicure. I walked up Madison Avenue and then over to Fifth. On my way I noticed that the many Pubs in the area were getting ready for the St. Patrick's Day festivities. Below are some pics of just a few of the many Pubs. This holiday is HUGE in New York City. The parade is over FIVE hours long. Luckily, it goes right past the bank, so I can view it from the office. There are tons of people, off from work drinking their green beer and celebrating all day long. I will post some pics after Tuesday.
It was a beautiful day. Spring was trying to creep in, but the breeze reminded me that spring was not here yet. I made it to the park and walked for a bit until I found a bench in the cloud filtered sunlight. I sat and relaxed for a bit watching some squirrels run up and down the hill foraging some nuts that someone had dropped for them. I also snapped a few pics of the squirrels too. After my walk, I made it back to my favorite nail/spa, Spa Butterfly. This place is right around the block from my apartment. They do a great job and the place is so relaxing.




1 comment:

Great Salt Luke said...

Is St. Patty's Day as HUGE in NYC as in SLC? It is just out of control here! Just kidding... hope you have a blast.