The past week was very busy. It started Monday with a crazy project at work. As result, I had a weeks worth of late nights at the office...ugh! On Saturday, Jeremy and I rented a car to go do some shopping and visit Peter and Debbie. When renting a car, you never know exactly what car you will end up with. This time we ended up with a Toyota Prius....a hybrid car. Well, when I got in I had to figure out how to start it up and get it into gear. After a few minutes getting familiar with the car we were off. Driving to the Javier house is not too complicated, but every time, I drive there we get lost, but, we find our way there in the end. Every time we are lost, we see new places we may want to visit in the future...so the extra time it takes to get to the Javiers is not a waste. On the way back to the city, never a problem. Go figure.
Our shopping trip took us to BJ's, like a Costco, and then to the outlet mall, Woodbury Commons. This is a huge outlet mall with sooo many shops. The shops are situated in several different villages...nice concept in warm weather, but in the winter it is sooooo I was on a mission to get some new shoes for work. I was successful! I came home with four pair of new shoes...plus a few more things.
After shopping we went to the Javiers and had a great dinner. After dinner we broke out the Wii-Fit and had a great night of ski jumping, soccer heading and tight rope walking. We headed back to the city about midnight to unload our purchases.
This morning I took the car back to the rental place. The place is a short walk a couple of blocks away. On my walk back home I picked up a bunch of flowers to arrange in some new vases I picked up shopping. This week I chose an assorted bunch and some orchids that remind me of Hawaii. After I arrange and place the flowers, I have to watch the cats, because they seem to like to destroy them.
After I finished with the flowers, I had a 'conference Skype' with Sally, Kids, Dave and Mom. It was a short catch up for all of us.
Finally, I went to the gym and got in a good run and work-out. I am now going to take my long awaited Sunday nap and re-charge for the busy week ahead!
I forgot my camera on my trip yesterday, so I will include some pics I took today of the cats relaxing in the sunshine.....I guess the sunshine will be gone tomorrow, the weather forecast is for SNOW! (secretly, if it is good snow I will like it. If it is the regular crappy snow it might as well not snow)
Bye for now.

2 comments:
I love those cats! Anways, Emily I'm proud of how frequently you (and hopefully Dave now) have been updating your blog. I definitely need to pick up the pace to keep up!
Sounds like the Javiers are a really great couple and good friends. Glad you can spend time with them. Say hello for me.
The cats are looking good! Send more pictures. Love, Mom
Post a Comment