For the past few weekends, 45th Street in front of my building has been blocked off on Saturday and Sunday. No problem for me since I do not have a car. There is a 'portable' crane that has been lifting object on the roof of a building across and down the street from my building. This crane is not like the ones that have been toppling over. The crane base is a huge truck. The tall part sits on top of the truck and lowers down like a fire truck ladder. Then the very top part disassembles and is carried on another truck. I know this because, last week when the work was over, the crane was laying down on 3rd Avenue and it took up three blocks from 44th to 46th Street. Today, the crane was lifting some very large canister shaped objects....I think that the building is getting a new air conditioning or some sort of HVAC system. Just a guess...I really have no idea. Today as I was walking past the crane one of the work men said watch out above...and when I looked up, there was one of these large canisters suspended in the air. I felt that maybe I needed a hard hat. I have attached some pics. You can see that the canisters are huge by comparing the man walking next to it. Well, that is the story of the crane. I am guessing it will be back tomorrow?
A Random Picture Review....in no specific order!
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment