Sunday, February 22, 2009

President's Day of Events

Monday was President's Day. I did not get to take my picuture of the 'red, white, blue' Empire state building lights, but no worries....there are many other opportunities for the red, white and blue lights. The bank was closed on President's Day, so I had a much anticipated day off from work. I love Monday Holidays. I slept in and then went to the gym. I usually go before work on Mondays, but when there is a Monday holiday, I love sleeping in and going to the gym a little later. I can always tell who must work at a bank because they are the same sorry souls I see on my regular early morning schedule.

I took the remainder of the day to do a much needed cleaning and organizing of my apartment. I bought a paper shredder and got rid of the three shopping bags of paper that needed to be gone. I also organized my kitchen cabinets and clothes closet. Just as I was finishing up my organizing day, I got a call from Paula, who was in NYC for the week working at AMEX. Jeremy and I met Paula for dinner and some very welcomed catching up. We went to a Cuban Restaurant recommended by one of Jeremy's friends. It was a great. Let me know if you want to try it out when 'YOU' are visiting. We next went across the street to a 'pub' to chat. At the end of the evening, Jeremy and I cerimoniously hailed a cab for Paula and went home. It was great to see Paula and spend some time with her. (I realized now I did not take a pic of us, but I did take pic of the pub we went to for my 'pub pics' collection

I also bought a some potted hyacinth bulbs. They bloomed this week and are beautiful.

No comments: