One thing I really miss about Utah is the snow...real snow. Here in New York City it rarely ever snows. Most of the so-called snow is this wet cold frozen rain crap....by the time you get somewhere it is just like it has been raining all over you. I went home to SLC to visit last week and got to go skiing (snowboarding for everyone else). I went with Dave and Meg and Maddie. We had a great time. After a couple of times and a quick lesson on the bunny slope...the girls were getting to be more comfortable on their snowboards. It snowed the entire day....and I loved it. We took a break for some lunch and had our usual...bowl of chili and grill cheese....we all shared it. I posted some 'action shots' from our lunch. I am going to try to schedule another trip soon to go skiing again. It is not really worth the time and $ to go skiing here in the east. I guess I am a snow snob? By the time I spend 2-3 hours traveling by rented car, bus or train to the 'mountains', then renting equipment, etc....I might as well fly to SLC, get my skis out of Mom's garage and go??? I don't think I am missing out, because everyone I talk to in New York says the skiing is not in any way like Utah. I guess I am not
missi
ng out?
A Random Picture Review....in no specific order!
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment